Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where a kid can be a kid!




I'm in a hotel room right now blogging! Yes the title is true, we caved and gave into our precious little daughter's birthday wish. Actually, we surprised her because we had to travel on her birthday. We asked her if she wanted to know where we were going for dinner and she wanted to be surprised. Lindsey, when she was only 2 1/2, said the funniest thing- It went like this...


On our way home from church in Marysville, she said " I want to talk to Jesus," (two year old talk of course) or that's what we thought she said. Both Marshall and I were very impressed by our little girl, and I responded, "Oh, you sweetie, you want to talk to Jesus?" "No! I want to chalk to cheesus." Again I said " Oh, you want to talk to Jesus, that's so nice honey." "No, Mommy! I want Chuck E. Cheeses!" Oh, you want Chuck E Cheese, that's great... Isn't advertising a special thing? The other day I told Des. "Man, they torture us parents here in Idaho Falls, they run all the ads for big cities, and our kids beg to go to and we don't have it." Then we decided to end the begging and take her last night. It was the normal thing, delicious pizza (was Marshall's comment-kidding of course) and chocolate cake- Lindsey said "This cake is a little different isn't it mommy?" We had a great time, won lots of tickets, and let them run all over. Today is swimming, exploring in Salt Lake if we have time and then on to Disney Land. I can't wait to go myself. I can't wait to see the expression on the girls' faces when they see the castle. For Payton, anything with trains will be his fav., and for Marshall, we'll just work on crowd control. He's not a true lover of waiting in lines. Does anyone else see phobias creep up on their husbands when they get thrown into crowds? He has interesting quirks that only show up in certain situations. Of course, that's not how he sees it, but it makes me smile, and remember all the silly things that he does that I love. Especially when he travels and I miss his magazine inserts thrown on the floor, his socks in endless places, and his scratchy face kisses that seem to make everything better... So we should have some interesting adventures, we've conquered Chuck E. Cheese, and we're off to Disney Land... Stay tuned for more of who knows what...

2 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Have a SAFE and fun-filled trip!! Looking forward to your upcoming posts!!
Love,
Brenda

Sam and Melissa Nelson said...

Hey Bev,

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I have just been pulling-my-hair-out busy... I use the coolest website called www.Picnik.com.. It's alot of fun. The house market is crazy, but since we offered to sell our house fully furnished we have had a lot more showings, so we are crossing our fingers.

Take Care!